When Is the Best Time To Replace My Garage Door?
Garage doors should be built to last, with an investment in a quality door giving you the peace of mind that yours will last for decades to come. However, as with all things in life, garage doors do have a limited lifespan, with their eventual replacement always an inevitable part of the deal.
Hopefully, you won’t need to replace a garage door too many times in your lifetime, but it does leave people asking ‘when is the best time to replace my garage door?’ and that’s a tricky question to answer, since a lot depends on the individual circumstances.
This month at Garage Door People, we’ll talk you through some of the common garage door problems that are likely to mean you need a replacement, as well as when to replace it and how much it can cost. That way, you’ll be in a better position to decide whether to replace your garage door.
Garage door problems (that may lead to needing a garage door replacement)
Some garage door issues might be easy to set right, saving you the trouble of replacement, but persistent issues with any of the following could make using your garage door increasingly difficult and frustrating:
- Rusting – Rust can be a major issue for your garage door and is much more of a problem for homeowners who live close to the coast due to the exposure to sea air. Once rust has begun to impact the integrity of your metal door, it’s hard to reverse, so a replacement garage door will save you a lot of hassle.
- Dented or broken – Some wear and tear over the years is only natural, but if your garage door has sustained one too many dents or if it has buckled or snapped, it’s not only a safety and security risk, but it also degrades the look of your property.
- Noisy to operate – Strange noises, whether it’s squeaking or knocking as you raise and lower your garage door, point to issues with lubrication. Persistent noises, however, indicate a new garage door is needed if you want quieter operation.
- Opens and closes slowly – A garage door that is difficult to open or close is never good. While you can expect one to be a little slower than a normal door, any kind of struggle in this regard means there could be parts of your door in need of an upgrade.
Don’t put up with these issues — make your life and your daily routine easy by upgrading to a brand new garage door that is secure, smooth and quiet to operate, while simultaneously looking great.
When is the best time to replace my garage door?
The best time to replace your garage door is when the repairs required either aren’t feasible or will cost just as much as a replacement. But you might also want to consider a change in the following situations, too:
- If you’re looking to sell your home – Boost your kerb appeal and present a tidy finish for prospective buyers, setting you apart from other homes in the area.
- If your current garage door is outdated – Maybe you want to change style simply to stay with the times or perhaps you’d like something electric for the luxury of automation.
- If the purpose of your garage has changed – Whether you intend to use your garage as a workshop or home office, a change of function can be aided by a change in the style of your garage door for something that is easier to use and better insulated.
If you’re wondering when the best time of year is for a garage door replacement, the answer is simple: right now! At Garage Door People, we can replace your garage door in next to no time at any point in the year, so don’t wait a second longer — call us today.
How much does garage door replacement cost?
How much is a new garage door? What’s the cheapest way to replace a garage door?
These are common and sensible questions to ask, but pricing for a garage door replacement can vary depending on the style of garage door you choose and how large or small your garage is. The material your new garage door is made from can also impact on the price, so be sure to consult an expert for an accurate quote.
As a professional, local garage door supplier, we can help you find the right replacement garage door to suit your budget and your property. Whether you need a simple replacement for an up and over or you want to upgrade to the luxury of an electric sectional garage door, we provide a wide range of options.
Garage door installation in Lincolnshire
Already know exactly which garage door you want to replace your current one? Then you’re in luck, as we’re leading garage door installers for Spalding, Horncastle, Boston and the wider area in Lincolnshire along the east coast. And if you aren’t sure whether you need a garage door replacement and would like our honest, friendly advice, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We’re always happy to chat through your needs with you to find the best solution for your circumstances with a free appointment — it’s part of why we’re so trusted by our local customers in Lincolnshire. Call today and learn more about garage door installation and replacement.